Birchwood Farms Golf & Country Club is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in employment! Applications are available by clicking on the link below or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy. You may also complete an application at the Clubhouse, Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm. No phone calls please.
Golf Course Mechanic
This position is responsible for developing and implementing a maintenance program for routine and preventive maintenance including adjustments as it relates to golf course maintenance equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Inspect, diagnose, adjust and repair mechanical defects/failures in various golf course maintenance equipment including; diesel, electric and gasoline powered mowers, tractors, utility trucksters and the like.
• Performs routine repairs daily during the golf season and as equipment breakdowns occur, they are reported to the golf course superintendent; the repair of these items will be discussed and the timeliness of the repair prioritized
• Responsible for keeping a reasonable parts inventory based on experience and history of what parts wear out quickest and are most necessary to complete regular routines
• Instruct and/or train golf course maintenance staff regarding preventive maintenance and the proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment.
• Maintain a preventive maintenance program within budget on all equipment and purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
• Responsible for safety as a top priority and for maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building.
• Spot check equipment for performance on the course, frequently makes emergency repairs to equipment on the course, and services or supervises servicing of equipment prior to use.
• Regulate staff use of equipment in absence of superintendent and assistant superintendent, if needed.
• Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned
Education Requirements: Has a working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment and skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools. Understands how equipment performance affects the playing conditions of the golf course.
Benefits: This is a full time year round position that offers medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, short & long term disability, Aflac, 401(k) matching, vacation time, and more. Wage is based on experience.
Irrigation Technician-Apprentice Position
We are looking for an individual to work closely with our Irrigation Technician throughout the summer while performing routine grounds keeping duties. They would work as a general groundskeeper while learning the trade with the intent of taking on a full time year round position.
This Summer - Grounds keeping duties while learning irrigation tech duties as situations arise.
Fall/Winter - Hired to full time position with benefits.
Next Summer - Start irrigation technician duties.
Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance, short & long term disability, Aflac, 401(k) matching, vacation time, and more. Wage based on experience.
Additional Available Positions
Completed applications and/or resumes may be faxed to (231)526-1644, emailed to email@example.com
, or mailed to the following address:
Birchwood Farms Golf & Country Club
600 Birchwood Drive
Harbor Springs, MI 49740